We recommend you read the information on this site as well as information located in other relevant sites (see useful links),
If you are still interested in becoming a Freemason, we advise that you first talk to a family member, friend or colleague whom you already know to be a member. They will be able to explain to you what they can about the fraternity and help you find a suitable Lodge.
If you don’t know anyone at all who is a member, then contact the Lodge Secretary and we can advise you.
There are several essential requirements necessary before your application can be considered. Give these matters your serious consideration and, if necessary, you can seek further enlightenment from your sponsors – the people who will introduce you to the Lodge:
- Do you honestly and sincerely believe in the existence of a Supreme Being, whom in English speaking Lodges we recognise as God, the Creator and Preserver of the Universe?
- Have you consulted with your wife or partner, and is she in complete agreement with you joining Freemasonry?
- Are you both agreed that your membership will not be detrimental to your family life, bearing in mind the financial aspects of a joining fee, annual subscriptions, and donations to charity, and the commitment of time?
- Are you willing to commit to attending, as far as is possible every Friday evening, excluding the months of July and August, our lodge meetings.
- Have you made a previous application to join a Masonic Lodge? If so, when and where?