People have their own reasons why they enjoy Freemasonry. The following is a sample of some of the reasons given:
- Brotherhood – making new friends and acquaintances from all walks of life, every background and age group.
- Achievement – progressing through the various offices in the Lodge to become Worshipful Master.
- Charity – being able to contribute to deserving causes, both Masonic and non-Masonic.
- Education – learning from peers and mentors by practising ritual and making short speeches.
- Knowledge – finding out about the history and mysteries of Freemasonry.
- Self improvement – making a contribution to your family and society.
You can find out more about Freemasonry on the United Grand Lodge of England website.
(Copyright United Grand Lodge of England)